Thursday 28 April 2011

moving on...

Today has been an emotional day for me and many other people.  I have to say that my emotions were a little wild for selfish reasons, I will elaborate in a moment.  Friends of mine will be leaving island for good a Lot sooner than originally planned.  This made me oh so sad to think that I will have to say good bye to yet another amazing family!   hence my emotions going NUTS!  I cant even begin to explain in words how different my life is today than the day we landed on this island!  and it is in large part to the amazing people that God has put in my path.  Iron truly sharpens iron!  God has truly blessed me with rich friendships here that will last a lifetime!  these people God has placed in my life have literally become family.  you see them and you just click!  they get you, you get them, its a beautiful thing called Fellowship!  I learn something new, and grow from nearly every conversation with these people.  ALL of them.  This island has been such a blessing to me in my life, it has shown me that people are really good.  people really will jump in and help out all the time!  God has taught me a lot through many things I have experienced on this island all the while placing amazing people in my path every step of the way!  as we near the end of this chapter of life and move on into the next I just sit in AWE of all that God has done. so VERY thankful for the friendships and bonds formed here that will NEVER be broken.  In many ways I am thankful for every wrong turn I have taken here, because God was there waiting for me with a lesson every single time!  sometimes they were painful and sometimes they weren't as bad as I thought, but every time I learned something new about God and his love.  As I am typing this I am reminded of a scripture...
Romans 8: 38-39

38 And I am convinced that nothing can separate us from his Love.  Death cant, and Life cant.  The Angels cant and the demons cant.  Our fears for today, our worries about tomorrow, and even the powers of hell cant keep Gods Love away.  38  Whether we are high above the sky, or in the deepest ocean, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the Love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our lord.

No mater what I do God is still going to Love me!  no matter how many times I fall flat on my face he is there to pick me up and dust me off.  I am so thankful for is Abounding Love and for him showing me his love so often through other believers!   I know that it is NOT the island of Guam that has Changed me, it has been Jesus Christ that has changed me!  and he will be with me wherever I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment