Monday 18 April 2011

His yoke is light!

  Matthew 11:27-30

“My Father has entrusted everything to me. No one truly knows the Son except the Father, and no one truly knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.”
  Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”

God gave me this Verse this evening Partly for a friend and partly for myself I think!  As I think and meditate on these verses, I am overcome with Excitement (I know... WEIRD!!!)  but I do!  I cant help but be a little giddy about the fact that God WANTS to take all my cares and worries away from me!  and all I have to do is ask...  however, in the same way, I get a little sad and yet in awe at the same time (if that makes any sense)  because Jesus came and he died for ME and ALL of my sins...  He died for MY ANGER, for MY UNTAMED TONGUE, for my pride, for my Vanity, he died for all the thing that NONE of us like to talk about and yet we all do.  I get sad because I know that I can control all of these things and yet I find myself daily almost hourly falling right back into them...  I cant quite find the right words to describe how amazing it feels to know that Jesus Christ died for me and for you too!  Anything you struggle with, HE DIED FOR IT!  What an amazing gift salvation is!  and best of all is that ITS FREE!!  I cant even begin to tell you how amazing I felt when I FINALLY let go and gave God his throne back in my life.  I felt like a 9000 lb elephant had been lifted off my shoulders, that's not to say that I don't still struggle, I do daily, however, I know in my heart that God has this under control! all I have to do is stop what I am doing and PRAY "God please help me with my (fill in with what ever your struggling with!)"...  as soon as you stop and pray its like God can jump into the drivers seat and save you from hitting the giant cedar tree you were aiming for!  I want to share this amazing gift that God has given me with you...  YES YOU!!!  So if you are not a Christian this is all you have to do!  

Romans 10:9-13 

9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved. 11 As the Scriptures tell us, “Anyone who trusts in him will never be disgraced.”[b] 12 Jew and Gentile[c] are the same in this respect. They have the same Lord, who gives generously to all who call on him. 13 For “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”[d]

So if you confess right now with your mouth and believe in your heart that God died for YOU, thats it!  so you can say something like this :

"God, I come to you and confess that I am a sinner, I believe that Jesus came to this earth and died for my sins.  I pray that you would wash me clean.  I thank you for this free gift God,  and I pray that you would help me on my path." 

simple as that!  doesn't matter where you do it, in your cubical at work, making dinner, sitting at the computer, anywhere!  God already knows you intimately and he wants you to come to him.  its amazing how your life changes!  It has taken me about a year to see any real growth and I only saw it by looking at old home movies and hearing how I spoke to my child, then and NOW...  WOW!  God has done a number on me!!!!!  let him do one on you too!   after you do, TELL SOMEONE!  preferably another christian so they can help you grow!  people say it all the time that "I can be a christian and not go to church"  yes you can BUT God created Fellowship for a reason!  it keeps us accountable and it helps us grow!  Iron truly does sharpen Iron!  sometimes its uncomfortable and it may hurt your ego from time to time, but at the end of the day, God is GOOD all the time! 

when you hurt in your walk with him HE IS GROWING YOU!  yes IT HURTS!!  I will share with you one simple reason for me, that I know that God is real and WORKING in me!  Last February My husband and I found out we were pregnant.  soon after finding out, I lost the baby.  my husband was not yet a christian, but I was.  I prayed so hard after we left the hospital for God to allow me to understand WHY this happened...  as I fell asleep sobbing to myself in my bed all alone, I had a dream (this was the first time God spoke to me in a dream) I was sitting at a Table with God, he leaned over to me, took my hand and said " I allowed you to loose this baby for your husbands salvation"  I woke up with those words ringing in my ears.  Right then and there I gave this loss to God and moved on as best I could.  there were many times I would see all my pregnant friends (there were 5 of us all preggo at the same time) and wonder if I made up the dream to make myself feel better... (I did not) the very next month God allowed me to get Pregnant again and we now have our little Bug!  anyways, a WHOLE YEAR passed and in that year I just held onto those words that God spoke to me.  Then randomly we had a marriage retreat here where we live, I asked my husband if he would like to go and was kind of shocked when he agreed to attend.  the evening of the retreat we were lying in bed talking and My husband Gave his life To Christ!!  I was so happy.   but what was even more awesome for me (I didn't put 2 and 2 together for about a week) was that He Gave his life to Christ 1 year to the day that we found out we were pregnant with the first baby (our little Blueberry!)  I was sooo excited I could have climbed out of my own skin!   God uses every situation for his glory!  and this was just amazing to watch!  so, even now, I am thankful for how it all worked out, yes loosing our blueberry was painful, yes it was hard to pick up and move on, all I did was cast all of my pain and worry onto God and he took it all. when God is with you WHO (or what) can stand against you?  Ok I am off my soap box now, please just take it seriously the commitment you just made but also take it day by day!  we all fall down but God helps us back up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment